Seriously, it’s been a roller coaster ride getting this breastfeeding down. The art of supply and demand with production of milk is definitely a work in progress and it has been rough with engorged and clogged milk ducts (thankfully, no mastitis).
I didn’t give much of a try to nursing my first and opted to pump and supplement with formula as I didn’t have much milk after a month. Now I understand why I didn’t have much – the contact with nursing seems to be play a huge factor to building your milk production. The sounds (cries) my babe makes now even causes my boobs to tingle and milk come out! WHOA, our body is crazy on what it does. 😯
This time around I decided my goal was to nurse and pump to maintain my sanity in saving time on cleaning/sterilizing the pump and bottles (Ok, I’m being lazy but that’s like 10 minutes of extra sleep in!). My hubs is thinking the big savings on not spending money on formula. 💲💲
I decided to get a new pump because I wanted it to be smaller/travel friendly. With all the research I did, I opted for the Nuby Natural Touch Digital Electric Breast Pump based on the size and how it looked.
- 💟 After using it this past week – I’m in love for the following reasons:
- simple to use (on/off) with 5 settings for suction and speed.
- stimulation and expression functions to get the let-down going and then express function starts automatically to get the milk in the bottle (you can continue watching that show with no interruptions)!
- small and portable (I think you can get a battery pack for it as well)
- EASY to clean/sterilize (so important)
- suction for the boob is made of silicone so it’s comfortable! yay for our boobs!
Did you know?
Nûby is the UK’s No.1 teether and No.2 cup brand (source: IRI 52 w/e 16.06.15) and has won numerous prestigious awards including Mother&Baby, Practical Parenting, Prima Baby and Loved by Parents for Newborn Feeding, Drinking, Teething & Toys which are all independently tried and tested and voted for by parents themselves. Nûby provides high quality, innovative products that are inspired by nature and make the lives of babies and parents easier, simpler and more fun.
OK, so one of the bigger questions I had was when can I introduce the pacifer to the babe since I was scared she would get confused on how to latch on? Addison didn’t have to wait too long (approx. 2 weeks old) to get a pacifier, so of course, we got an adorable clip to go with her paci.
Product LOVE: Blue Brontide
- This amazing mama run shop of organic baby accessories has handmade products in her England studio along with eco friendly sourced products. Super cute and an one stop shop to sustainable accessories.
📷: Organic dummy/pacifier clip by Blue Brontide
And when you get one present to a little, you have to give the first little something as well. We decided to do breakfast in bed this past Sunday with her since she told me that Addison and I were always in bed drinking milk. 😜
📷: Fruit in bed with 2 adorable products sold by Blue Brontide:
📷: So in love with using wood products (as you can tell!). Don’t forget – I partnered with Jord Watches to run a GIVEAWAY where one winner will receive a $75 gift card and every ENTRANT will automatically receive a $20 gift card toward any watch.
Cheers for now and thanks for reading! xx