It’s been long overdue for a post on what’s going on with this 38/1/2 weeks pregnant mama so I thought this would be a fitting post as I am just barely hanging on to the day to day life as a family of four. #pooped
I am definitely one to not overpack and sometimes forgets things but I like to think in this case my better half can always go home and get it if I am in dire need.
I’m bringing my leather Lilyjade diaper bag to keep my smaller items and a duffel for the rest. I got these Calpak & ohjoy packing cubes and so in love with the bright colors and what you can put inside. They’re perfect and love the zipper! Below (in no particular order) is what I feel are must haves at the hospital as a 3rd time mama!
- Belly Bandit Mother Tucker corset
- Depends underwear (who wants to ruin their own!) & pantiliners (they’ll have at the hospital but usually the really thick kind with no wings)
- Outfit for baby to go home in – something with leggings since he/she will be going in a car seat for the first time.
- Comfy outfit (2) – loose sleeves so they can take your blood pressure and buttons/zip up if you plan to breastfeed! I would just wear the hospital gown and then when it’s time to head home, change! Keep your own clothes nice and clean. 😉
- Socks to keep those little toes warm
- Comfy slippers to walk around in and flip flops for the shower
- Swaddle blanket for the babe (and to take pictures in!) we love ours from Bebeaulait. The cutest prints and oh so soft muslin material. They’re a definite must have.
- Toiletries (if you have contacts, bring glasses as you’ll be up at random hours – go figure 🍼).
- Hydroflask so you stay hydrated with your choice of hot/cold water.
- Some snacks because we know hospital food is oh so good.
- Psst….and plenty of space in your duffel to sneak home some hospital goodies (e.g. diapers, formula)
T-11 days but hopefully sooner like today!! ☘️☘️
Cheers for now and thanks for reading.