What can I say about being on cloud 9? I’m 30 weeks pregnant and enjoying the pregnancy cravings a little too much. Fingers crossed on gestational diabetes and how the test turns out since I’m above average and now I have to take the 4 hour test (I had to do this for Abigail as well).
I would say the second time around I’m much more relaxed about everything. The must haves I swear by to have for baby are the following (based off my experience with Abigail):
- Rock n’ play – it’s not necessary to get the auto rock n’ play (but nice to have) as it’s pretty easy to learn to sit on the couch and rock it with your feet (good exercise for getting rid of cankles!). This is perfect during the day to keep them angled and actually helped my little nap much better.
- Zippered footed onsies – I got the cotton ones from Old Navy and like them! Wait for a sale (now, tomorrow, everyday!).
- Muslim swaddle blankets – the brand I used before was Aden & Anais, but I’m really digging Modern Burlap with their neat monochrome designs.
- Burpy bibs by Aden & Anais – lived by them and it was the perfect size for putting on the shoulder to burp baby as well! This also soaked up drool perfectly and has a snap to hold the bib together.
- Aquaphor – this has been my go-to for literally everything that needs a little “fixing” or moisturizing. I know everyone’s skin is different so hopefully trying this one out first will do the trick.
- Wubbanub pacifier – not only do they have the cutest animals connected to their pacifiers, but it helps keep the pacifier in their mouth when they are on their back. My little used it to both soothe and as a security “toy.”
- Just born – terry wash cloths – any small wash cloths will do but these were the perfect size and to this day, my 3 year old uses them to wash her face and another for her body.
📷: naptime in her rock n’play with her wubbanub giraffe pacifier at 6 months.
New products to give a whirl from hearing about and/or I love to support up and coming businesses.
- MiaMily Hipster Carrier – the new generation has storage space to fit all the necessities (e.g. keys, bottle, diaper, phone) for that quick run out!
- Dockatot (USA)/Sleepyhead (International) – raving reviews on helping your new bundle sleep well and give you some sleep as well! My first had some problems sleeping so hopefully this product will help.
- Cosatto pushchair – OMG, can their patterns be any more amazing, bright, and colorful? They are also functional and light – what more can you ask for?
- Nuby breast pump – I’ve been looking for something smaller than what I previously had and plus with a UK adapter and found this. Also, it’s nice to note that the Nuby Digital Breast Pump has won the 2016 Prima Baby Magazine SIlver Award for the best electric breast pump.
Lil Dandlelion Bib-danas – so soft and organic. They feel great and are super stylish (my 3 year old wants to wear as an accessory)
- Lalabubaby soothe shirt – triples being amazing by being a nursing bra, soothe pouch (use instead of a carrier), and a stylish top. Looking forward to wearing on the even quicker errands I have to run with baby #2.
- TwelveLittle Diaper Backpack – I couldn’t resist and tested it out already and in love. Not only is the Companion backpack padded, but the details with it are fabulous (e.g. 4 metal balls on the bottom of the backpack to avoid having the material touch the floor!) It also has the ideal amount of pockets and most importantly things all fit.
- Dribble Dry – just got mine and it’s so soft! I’m sure my new bundle will love taking a breather from a bibdana and burpy bib!
Product LOVE: North Star Knits
- I couldn’t stop myself and got two handmade crochet rugs from this small shop and they are perfect. Perfect thickness and really shows the love put into these rugs. My little loves to take naps on them as well. They are also machine washable but air dry so the shape holds.
- Anna has many other designs and products she does (e.g. beanies, socks) so definitely check out her etsy shop by going to her website above. I promise you won’t regret it as she is a sweet mama to work with.
📷 : northstarknits rug
Any products you have that are must haves, please do share with me! I would love to know.
Cheers for now!