Even though it was pouring rain this morning and we got drenched (holding 2 umbrellas), I think walks around the town are so amazing to the development of our little and just taking the world in. There is so much to see and you don’t necessarily have to travel far to see it (even though I love to travel and jet set around the world).
My little loves to sing and just chatter away about anything and everything. Some I don’t understand as I don’t think it’s even English or Chinese, but when I do understand it, it is so crazy to hear the things she remembers. They are definitely a sponge and even when we think they are not listening, they are – eek!
I think the most important part of this time is that we are in the present (ok, besides the picture taking part) and engaged. We’re not distracted with technology and replying back to something but looking around and just taking life in.
Some of the things we do on walks to keep the conversation and interaction going and help the walks fly by are:
- I spy (something brown and eating)
- What is that? (a little house, little bear’s flat)
- What do you do when… (crossing the street?)
- Do you remember? (being silly with Goofy)
- Tell me (what letter/number that is – houses and license plates are perfect for this! 📷: Pebble Child toy block – part of my G & H limited edition gift set)
- Who is (e.g. relatives, friends, classmates. 📷::that is your buddy baby Cameron)
- Languages (using English vs. Chinese)
Do you have any fun things you do on walks or funny stories to tell? Would love to hear from YOU.
Cheers for now!