OMG, 38 weeks pregnant and I should probably have my hospital bag packed and ready to go (along with bottles and baby products that go in the mouth sterilized and clothes/bibdanas/muslin blankies washed). Good thing my mum came in this past Saturday to help with my super chatty little bugaboo, Abigail. ♥️
Back to the hospital bag, I was finally able to talk to a doctor and nurse about the whole labor/delivery/after process (quite the waiting game at the hospital is what it looks like) and now I’m all set on what I need to bring/provide for baby girl NHS style.
Guess that’s everything (I won’t be needing a spare empty bag like the US). 😉
To note: private rooms can run to £800/night but being in the hospital ward (4 to a room) is free. Earphones/plugs – hello, I will need you.
No worries on bunking with other Brits as I’ll still make our stay comfy with some key items below.
- Lalabu soothe shirt – I can’t wait to baby wear my newborn. Also, they’re an amazing shop, they give 2% of all sales back to moms in Africa, supporting mom entrepreneurs through micro-finance. I can’t wait to use my shirt with my little as the material is so soft. They also just came out with new colors. 😍
- Belly bandit bamboo wrap – I recommend the bamboo material as its much softer and we’re so sensitive in that area with just giving birth. I also got the belly shield to apply oils and lotions since sadly I did not get the lucky genes of stretchy perfect skin to keep my wrap clean.
- Small Stuff bibdana to keep baby clean and styling
- Thebobbinbelle Muslin swaddle and Muslin blankie – I can’t rave enough how this new small shop has the cutest designs. This mama also does custom ones so definitely ask! The blankie is approximately 45″ x 45″ so something even my now 3 year old still uses.
- Nuby breast pump – Oh so portable and looks easy to use. I know the hospital will provide a pump should I need it, but figured I will bring to get used to this new device.
Digital Breast Pump has won the 2016 Prima Baby Magazine SIlver Award for the best electric breast pump.
- Anna Crochet Knit panda bear beanie – found this sweet mama on Instagram and she takes custom orders as I’ve been getting so many panda bear prints (monochrome love). If you’re interested, her email is email@example.com
- TWELVE little changing pad – this one came with my diaper backpack and has 12 different animals on it to represent one year of the 12-year cycle based on the Chinese zodiac. The year the person is born determines their animal sign. Curious which animal you are? Check here.
- Wubbanub hippo – Abigail loved hers so we figured we would get one for baby. With the stuffed animal attached to the pacifier, it helps to not fall far away from baby
- Motherlove nipple cream – I swear by this from Abigail. All organic ingredients. LOVE
- Footed onsies – I even got zippered ones just to make my life a lot easier.
Of course, even with the new baby girl coming, we want to make sure Abigail isn’t forgotten and always my #1 bugaboo. We took her out and about with a new dress from Petit Peony and she was ecstatic (she insists on wearing a dress daily – rain or shine). I hope this dress-loving toddler lasts forever. 👗
We are swooning over Petite Peony for a couple reasons that will get you to fall in love with this mama of three.
- She donates to children from Room To Grow (I also donate 25% of my net proceeds from my F is For Fox book to this amazing non-profit! #lovebooksbyAJ)
- Petit Peony‘s designs are a modern take on classic designs
- This mama’s shop is in over 85 boutiques in US and was also just featured in British Vogue August issue. Awesome!
- They only use 100% premium and organic cotton.
📷: Background of the Shard – the tallest building in London.
📷: I thought this would be my favorite #bfgdreamjars piece to bid on but looks a lot different live. More on the dream jar trail (see previous post).
📷: Walking the line on Tower Bridge
📷:: A little break at this cool and yummy establishment. 1st floor – tavern, 2nd floor – pizzeria, 3rd floor – grill. We ate at the pizzeria and enjoyed a nice outdoor view with tasty food!
📷: Seriously, moms helping moms on getting a reversible wrap dress – two dresses in one. Stains be gone in a flash.
📷: Cheers for now and thanks for reading. xx